Peter’s photos capture the convivial atmosphere far better than words.
In between the chat, the food was all consumed or taken as carryouts.
Fraser, Trish and Peter did the washing up, so many thanks to them and to Sue, Julia and Laurie for doing all the preparation.
Please note that there may not be a coffee morning in June as the Hall Committee are awaiting the last part of the refurbishment grant and will then crack on with the work – which should take about a month.
This month’s recipe is for Sue’s Cornish Fairings. These biscuits store quite well without going soft:
- Lightly grease a backing sheet and set oven to 180 degrees or equivalent.
- Sieve together 6oz SR flour, pinch of bicarbonate of soda, 1 flat teaspoon ground ginger, 3oz caster sugar and add 2oz raisins.
- Melt together 4oz butter or margarine and 1 tablespoon golden syrup and mix into dry ingredients.
- Put heaped, well-spaced teaspoonfulls onto the baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes until lightly brown in the centre.
- Leave to cool 5 mins to firm up, transfer to cooling tray.