This page lists forthcoming social events in the village, along with regular classes and clubs. If you would like to add an event to the list, just contact Fiona with the details at firstname.lastname@example.org
FVA SOCIAL EVENTS 2019
(All events are in the village hall, unless otherwise stated)
Winter Pudding Night 2019: Saturday 23rd February at 6pm. The perfect antidote to wintry weather! A convivial evening with the best choice of puddings you will find anywhere, ever! Whether you prefer childhood favourites like treacle pudding, jam roly-poly and rice pudding, or more sophisticated tarts and sweets, there’s something here for everyone. Live music. Come hungry!
FVA AGM: Saturday 30th March 2019, 4 – 5 pm. All members welcome.
Coffee Mornings – Join us for freshly brewed coffee and tea and some delicious home baking from 10.30am to 12.00. Dates for our regular coffee mornings are:
- 19th March
- 23rd April
- 21st May
- 18th June
- 17th September
- 22nd October
In addition, we have a number of seasonal events. These are:
- Saturday 20th July at 3pm: Strawberry TeaZ: Cakes, tarts, scones, ice cream and more – all made or served with strawberries. Live music.
- Sunday 10th November: Remembrance Sunday 10.50 at the Memorial and after in the village hall for tea and coffee.
- Saturday 7th December – Mulled Wine & Mince Pies 3 – 5pm: Enjoy seasonal goodies and good company.
- February – Winter Pudding Night 2020
The Hall Committee’s Annual Quiz Night is on Saturday 11th May in the Hall, and the Games and Curry Night is on Saturday 12th October.
REGULAR CLASSES AND CLUBS IN FEARNAN
If you’re feeling creative, the Fearnan Art Club meets monthly on a Monday. Contact Cath on email@example.com
- 18th March 2019: meet at the Paper Boat Café, Kenmore at 12.30pm to sketch/paint the interesting surrounding area.
- 1st April 2019: meet at The Sports Pavilion, Kenmore at 12.30pm ( located through the archway on the right hand side). Bring any work in progress or explore the area.
- 15th April 2019: painting/sketching daffodils at a venue TBA 12.30pm
- 20th May 2019: meet at the far entrance for Taymouth Castle (nearest Aberfeldy) 12.30pm to explore the bluebell woods.
As all meetings start at 12.30pm finishing at 2.30pm bring a packed lunch if you would like.
Carpet Bowls: On Monday evenings there’s an open invitation to everyone to come and play Carpet Bowls from 8 – 10pm. Contact Angela on 830619, or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information. The Bowls Season begins on the first Monday in October and ends at the end of March each year.
The Mobile Library visits Fearnan Hall car park on alternate Tuesdays between 4.00 and 4.30 pm. In February, it will be here on Tuesday 5th and Tuesday 19th and Scott is always happy to welcome new visitors to the mobile library.
The Fearnan Book Club meets monthly on the second Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm to discuss their latest good read. Contact Linda on email@example.com or on 840735 if you would like to join the group.
Thai Chi Classes take place in the hall at 10 – 11am on Wednesdays. The cost is £3.00pp.
Table Tennis – the hall is open for table tennis in the morning from 10.30am.
Other Events Nearby
The Big Shed runs a regular programme of events, including Yoga on Friday mornings 10.30 – 12.00. Check out forthcoming events at http://www.bigshed.org.uk/wordpress
There’s a Fitness Class every Tuesday morning 10.15 – 11.15 in the Molteno Hall in Fortingall. Sessions cost £4.50 and include cardio, muscle strengthening and mat work. For further information, call 01887 830575 or just come along.
The Heart of Scotland Herb Society (aka The Herbies) meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month in Aberfeldy Town Hall. Their forward programme is:
- Wednesday 20th February 2019: “Foot Care at Home” with Joanne Taylor at The Town Hall Aberfeldy 10.00am – 12 noon
- Wednesday 20th March 2019: “Heart Warming Soups” with a Polish Twist. A cookery demo by Mariuz of The Tay Café; 7.30pm at The Town Hall Aberfeldy
- Wednesday 17th April 2019: 20th Anniversary Celebration at The Birks Cinema, Aberfeldy. Cocktails from 2pm followed by the film Singing in the Rain and refreshments. All welcome. Tickets from Marion Douglas, tel: 820967
- Thursday 23rd May 2019: Outing to Loch Lomond (cruise), Geilston Gardens and Ardardun.
- Wednesday 19th June 2019: Mid-Summer Garden Party at the Library Herb Garden, Breadalbane Campus. Time TBA
Glen Lyon and Loch Tay Community Council
The Glen Lyon and Loch Tay Community Council meets every 2 months. Members of the public can attend the meetings and raise questions or issues under ‘Any Other Business’. The CC can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
The meeting dates and locations for the rest of 2019 are:
- March 14th – Molteno Hall, Fortingall
- May 9th – Bridge of Balgie
- July 11th – The Big Shed, Tombreck
- September 12th – McLean Hall, Fearnan
- November 14th (+AGM) – Molteno Hall, Fortingall